Cooler temps bring on thoughts of yummy soups to fill you up and warm your tummy. This is one of my favorite Taco Soup recipes that I found here on Pinterest and it also freezes well!
I’ve changed it up just a little by using fresh cooked chicken instead of canned and I mixed together my own taco seasonings, using this recipe, instead of using a store bought packet. So here’s how I made this tasty soup.
- 1 lb fresh chicken breast
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 15.25 oz can sweet corn, drained
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- Taco seasoning: 2 tsp chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp onion powder, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, dash cayenne pepper. Mix together well before adding to soup pot.
Cook chicken in boiling water 20 – 25 minutes until done. Cool slightly and shred. Then add all ingredients to a large soup pot and heat until warmed through.
This soup is great paired with some fresh, hot cornbread or maybe some tortilla chips with guacamole on the side. Whatever you decide, it will definitely add some comfort and warmth to your day!
Thanks for stopping by,