This is comfort food at its best – and it’s so simple to make! You just put everything in your slow cooker, turn it on low, and go on with your day.
There are lots of different ways to make this yummy and filling soup – here’s what I did.
White Bean and Ham Soup
- Ham bone left from our Thanksgiving Honey-Baked ham – I kept in the freezer (or about 1 lb ham cut into chunks)
- 1 lb dried Great Northern beans, rinsed and sorted
- Carrots peeled and chopped into chunks – whatever amount you want – I chopped about 5 carrots
- 1/2 to 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Salt, pepper, parsley flakes, and dried oregano to taste
Put everything in your slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low.
I didn’t even soak the Great Northern beans overnight. I rinsed and sorted them just before I put everything in the slow cooker! I also used a slow cooker liner to make cleanup easier. This is such a forgiving recipe when it comes to the amount of each ingredient – just fill your slow cooker about 3/4 of the way full and your soup will be wonderful!
Add some fresh, hot cornbread and you have a hearty meal that will warm you up on these cold winter days. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by,
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks – it is!!
LikeLiked by 2 people