Looking for a warm and cozy meal on a crisp Fall evening? Try this tasty White Chicken Chili. It’s super simple to make – just add a side salad and some cornbread for a perfect Fall dinner.
A sweet friend gave me this recipe years ago and it’s one that we eat often during the Fall and Winter months.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb chicken breasts (or you can use ground turkey)
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onion
- 4 oz. can diced mild chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern beans
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup dried parsley (Sometimes I leave this out and it’s just as good!)
- garlic salt to taste
Boil chicken until done and shred (or brown ground turkey). Mix together with onions, green chiles, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Place in a Dutch oven. Add chicken broth, Great Northern Beans, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with your favorite cheese sprinkled on top.
You can also place the cooked chicken with the rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours.
This freezes well so go ahead and make a double batch and freeze half for a quick meal on a busy night!
Thanks for stopping by,