A few months ago some friends and I got together for a day of crafting. We made these fun candlesticks with simple items from our local home improvement store and they turned out so great!
Here’s a picture of our completed candlesticks – we all chose different colors of paint to match our own decor.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own candlesticks.
- Unfinished wood table legs (the ones pictured below are 9-inch, I also used 6-inch and 14-inch table legs that you can see in the picture above)
- 4-inch terra cotta saucers (2 for each candlestick)
- Strong glue (I like E6000)
- Chalk finish paint in your favorite colors (I used Everlasting Americana Decor Chalky Finish and dry brushed with Maui Sand Home Decor Chalk Paint)
- Clear or antique wax (optional – I used Clear Home Decor Wax)
The first thing you need to do is remove the screws from the table legs using pliers – they will twist out. Then glue a terra cotta saucer to each end of the table leg. I just eyeballed them so they were centered on the legs. Let dry for a few hours or overnight.
I painted my candlesticks with 2 coats the Everlasting chalk paint, making sure to let it dry thoroughly between coats.
Then I dry brushed them with the Maui Sand chalk paint.
Here are all 3 sizes of my finished candlesticks. I’m still searching for the perfect turquoise candles to add to them. 🙂
These would make great gifts! They are so fun and easy to make!
Thanks for stopping by,