A few months ago some friends and I got together for a day of crafting. We made these fun candlesticks with simple items from our local home improvement store and they turned out so great!
Here’s a picture of our completed candlesticks – we all chose different colors of paint to match our own decor.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own candlesticks.
- Unfinished wood table legs (the ones pictured below are 9-inch, I also used 6-inch and 14-inch table legs that you can see in the picture above)
- 4-inch terra cotta saucers (2 for each candlestick)
- Strong glue (I like E6000)
- Chalk finish paint in your favorite colors (I used Everlasting Americana Decor Chalky Finish and dry brushed with Maui Sand Home Decor Chalk Paint)
- Clear or antique wax (optional – I used Clear Home Decor Wax)
The first thing you need to do is remove the screws from the table legs using pliers – they will twist out. Then glue a terra cotta saucer to each end of the table leg. I just eyeballed them so they were centered on the legs. Let dry for a few hours or overnight.
I painted my candlesticks with 2 coats the Everlasting chalk paint, making sure to let it dry thoroughly between coats.
Then I dry brushed them with the Maui Sand chalk paint.
Once the candlesticks were completely dry, I brushed on a thin coat of the clear wax and wiped the excess off with a soft cloth. The clear wax acts as a sealer and gives them a subtle sheen.
Here are all 3 sizes of my finished candlesticks. I’m still searching for the perfect turquoise candles to add to them. 🙂
These would make great gifts! They are so fun and easy to make!
If you are interested in making this DIY Farmhouse Natural Wood Bead Garland, you can find the simple instructions in this post.
Thanks for stopping by,
Pingback: Valentine Candles | Creating Me
Pingback: Repurposed Wood Tray | Creating Me
Pingback: Bunny Door Hanging | Creating Me